Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trays

I picked up a couple serving trays at Ikea when we first moved in to our house, without having a purpose for them.  But, I knew I'd find a place to use them - and I did just that and love what a difference they make! 

Here they are in their before state, along with the materials I used to make them over.













I wanted to add a pattern to the middle of the tray, but I wasn't completely sure what pattern I wanted to add so I needed to come up with a solution that wasn't going to be permanent.  So, I cut out two cardboard pieces to fit inside the trays and covered them with left over fabric from our bedskirt. It was incredibly simple: measure cardboard, cut to size, measure & cut fabric about an inch larger than cardboard, hot glue edges of fabric to back of cardboard & place inside the tray!














I also spray painted the trays black, to add some contrast to our night stands. 













Turns out, I love the stripes, so I probably won't be changing them anytime soon.  But, in the event that I do want to change them, it will be super simple!

3 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! I'm obsessed with trays and have them alllll over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trays too! During a trip to Ikea, Dan had to tell me no on multiple occasions or I probably would have come home with 15 trays :)

    ReplyDelete