Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bedroom Make-over part 2: Upholstered Headboard

I couldn't stop at the bedding, I had a vision and I just wanted to accomplish it! After looking online for an upholstered headboard and finding all of the leather/vinyl ones to be far out of our budget, I decided to make my own headboard. It's really quite simple, very affordable and added the perfect look to our new bedding. I could give the DIY rundown, but there are plenty of tutorials online. The one I followed can be found here: DIY Tufted Headboard.


The only difference between that headboard and the one we made was the way it is mounted. Instead of hanging ours on the wall , we decided to add legs that would attach directly to the bed, just like our last headboard did. Most of the work was a one person job, but adding the legs and attaching it to the bed was certainly a 2 person job. Dan and his handy man sized drill (as opposed to my handheld mini drill) were a big help!
Check out the finished look:




I'm in love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment