Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Plans

They say towards the end of pregnancy that women start to nest and want to clean everything!  I'm not feeling that sort of nesting, but I am itching to finish decorating the house!  I think that is my form of nesting - decorating.  Lately, I've been dreaming up ideas left and right for changes I want to make to the house.  I'd love nothing more than to have our upstairs living/dining area finished, but it's not in the cards for awhile. 

To cure my desire to decorate, I "window" shop online instead.  Last night I came across this couch:
It's perfect for what I've been looking for - it has simple clean lines, was the correct dimensions for our living area, it's gray and I love the detail of the nail-head trim.  After calling around, it seems the couch has recently been discontinued - boooo :(

So I continued to look online for the perfect gray couch.  I've been looking online for that perfect gray couch for the past year and either I don't like the style or I fall in love with a couch that is way out of our price range. 

But, I think I came up with the perfect solution!  The Ikea Karlstad couch - a couch I've seen plenty of times out in blog land and it seems to get good reviews!  It comes looking like this:


Not too shabby in it's original form - it is gray, affordable and has the nice clean lines that I like.  But, my plan is to spice it up a bit to make it look like this:

I'd stain the legs darker and add nail-head trim and it'd look pretty similar to the first couch pictured above!


No comments:

Post a Comment