Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Splash of color

Spring is here - the sunshine outside tells me so! (though who am I kidding, its MN, it'll be snowing again next week I'm sure)  Along with spring comes the bright colors of flowers and sunshine and easter eggs.  I've been on the hunt for a table runner for years now.  The problem is I am picky and cheap - two things that make it nearly impossible to find a table runner that I actually like!  While at Joann Fabrics tonight looking for materials for a different DIY project, I decided I'd add my splash of spring color to my dinning room table with a homemade runner.  It took me nearly 45 minutes to decide on what material I wanted to use.  First I was going to go with the polka dots - turns out there wasn't enough fabric left on the bolt, then I was going to go with a modern funky pattern - but that material was awfully pricey, so I finally decided on some simple stripes.  Turns out the stripes were a smart idea!  I was planning on sewing the runner by hand and the stripes made it REALLY easy to sew a straight line!  I jazzed the runner up a bit with some beading on each end, which is my favorite part.  Pair the runner with some sunshiny tulips and my table is set for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment