Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pure Deliciousness

I came across a recipe for Red Velvet Cake Balls and just HAD to try them out!
They were pure awesomeness! It was like eating a glorified Zebra Cake.

Here's the step by step to making these little balls of yumminess:
First, you will need:
-Red Velvet cake mix (unless you want the challange of making the cake from scratch)
-16 oz whipped cream cheese frosting
-almond bark (white or chocolate, your choice)


1. Bake a red velvet cake like normal and let it cool


2. Once the cake is cooled, crumble it in to a large bowl and add 16oz whipped cream cheese frosting - mix it all up

3. Roll the cake in to small balls. I used my hands because I don't have a cookie scoop, but a scoop would work great as well.


4. Chill the balls: I put mine is the freezer for a little over an hour.

5. Melt the almond bark and dip the balls in to the almond bark. I found it easiest to use a toothpick to hold on to the ball while dipping it.


Final Product:

ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment