Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Decor



The temperature outside is telling me that it's Fall!  I love the crisp air of fall weather, I love waking up in the mornings and feeling the cool breeze blow through the window, I love being perfectly comfortable in jeans and sweaters, I love the changing trees - I love Fall!  Along with the change of seasons, comes some change in the decor.  Since we don't have a ton of space to decorate seasonly, change usually just means a different center piece on our dinning room table. 

A few months back, I bought some fabric to make some table runners.  I finally got around to making said table runners.  Instead of doing one runner of each fabric, I did 2 runners that were reversible.  Now, when we add the leaf in the table, if I want to use 2 runners, I can! 















So with the perfect Fall runner in place, I needed a new centerpiece.  And, as you guessed it, it had to be on a low budget.  After browsing a few blogs, I came across this idea and decided it would work perfect for our new centerpiece.  Off to Dollar Tree I went, to pick up 3 vases and 3 candle holders.  I forgot to take a before picture, but I ended up getting 2 different sized candle holders - one tall holder and 2 smaller holders. (The larger one is already attached)



















With the help of a little glue, the vases were attached to the holders.  I decided to only attach 2 of the holders, so I could have 3 different height vases.  Once assembled, I filled the vases with Fall decor.  We have about 20 strands of leaves left over from our wedding decorations, so I cut leaves from one strand to fill one vase.  I also have plenty of candles sitting around, so that filled another vase.  The last vase had a little help from the clearance section at Target, where I picked up a pack of "fall like items".  I wasn't planning on using any pumpkins to decorate, but they came in the fall package and look nice in the arrangement...Here is the finished product, table runner and all. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment